Friday, March 28, 2008

Affianced

Written by D.J.
[Edited by Crystal]

On Saturday, March 8, 2008, I, Derrick, became engaged to Crystal. Let me tell you the particulars ;-)

I picked up Crystal from Lindsay's, my cousin's place, and we had breakfast at my place. Then we went to church. Got back to my place and ate a late lunch.

Then we went to the Wadleigh Memorial Library. Unknown to Crystal, the library was closed. But I had worked things out with the Director. She let us in and Crystal went and wandered the stacks while I got things ready.

On a table I put a Bible, a rose and a bottle of Crystal's favorite mango juice. Brought her back, sat her down, got down on one knee and said something along these lines:
The Bible represents your spiritual side. I want us to grow together with God.
The rose represents your mind and its ability to comprehend beauty. Allow me to enjoy with you the beauty God has made in this world.
The juice represents your physical side. I want to provide for you, put a roof over your head and food on your table. I want to enjoy being with you and for you to enjoy being with me.

Will you marry me, Crystal?

and she said yes. The rest is Future History, as we scifi buffs like to say :-)

If you've missed out on who Crystal is, check out this post:
Crystal

No comments: